We specialize in for-sale residential housing which includes entitled land, finished lots, mixed use properties and master plan communities. Since 2010, MREC has commited approximately $1B to acquire over 50,000 single family lots and 9,000 acres of developable land in over 400 communities in 20 states with 25 operating partners. These projects have projected revenues in excess of $5 billion. Since 2016 MREC’s primary focus with its partners has been to deliver approved projects to homebuilders in strategic submarkets nationally. Sales have included entitled land, shovel-ready pods and developed lots to over half of the top 50 builders as compiled by Builder Magazine.
Mountain focuses on the following types of investments:
- Joint ventures with national and regional homebuilders to develop and sell homes, townhomes or condos to end users
- Joint ventures with regional developers to develop and sell residential lots and parcels
- Acquisition of opportunistic assets for its own account or in partnership with developers
- Acquisition, restructuring or recapitalizing of land development or homebuilding companies, or large land portfolios.
Target Investment Size
- $5 to $50 million on single asset transactions with partners who can generate over $30 million of investment
- $20 to $150 million on portfolio acquisitions or entity level investments
- Pari-passu joint ventures
- Preferred equity joint ventures
- Off-balance sheet structures
- Land banking
- Entity level investments